
Where to start? Well, it's college football season, which means weather is cooling off, football is back 7 days a week, and I'm in class doing this instead of listening to chlorophyl man up her talking about GOD knows what.... HaHa sorry. OK, everyone is talking about Tim Tebow's concussion this week so I felt now is the best time to admit that I, John Alan Skinner, LOVE Tim Tebow. There, I said it. Only in the sense that he is as fierce a competitor, impressive a leader of his peers, and influencial person as I will see. When talking about Tim Tebow, the man who was born in a manger somewhere in Jacksonville, Florida, Haterade flows free as the Mississippi. It boils down to the fact that he is almost perfect and does everything right. People wait for him to jump up and put the "gator chomp" in an Oklahoma DBs face or dial his imaginary phone in front of the LSU student section so they can go, "HA! He is all talk..." or "That isn't very Christian" or "What Would Jesus Do?" I have heard these things said and I LOVE IT. Because at that point Tim Tebow has done what he feels he is supposed to do as a Christian. He has done SO MUCH right that people try to FIND the wrong. So, in essence, the joke's on you Tennessee fan crying in your beer... The joke's on you, you odd smelling LSU fan (no offense to my Pastor Jimmy, his wife Carol, and their son Jared- who pitched for LSU).
And NOW the uniform CHAOS (I stole that one from fanblogs.com) that is Oregon Duck FOOTBALL...... This stems from an article I read on fanblogs.com the other day, in which the Oregon Athletic Dept. and Nike - whose founder, Phil Knight, went to Oregon - announced that there would be more Oregon football uniforms, combinations, accent colors, and other "doo dads" (<- direct quote from the article) added to the already RIDONKULOUS array of Duck unis. Here are a few of my personal favorites:




No comments:
Post a Comment