Ok... I'm a uniform whore and that is just something that has stuck with me throughout my life. I though something I would do, seeing as how every other person with a blog, interested in sports, and thinks his opinion is important has done, is make a top 10 list. So today my post is what I see as the Top 10 Uniforms in sports, according to my opinion of course. Seeing as how I view myself as a true man's man and a sports fan, I will try to be as diverse as I can so I hope you enjoy, you probably won't agree, but I hope you at least find this interesting. So in classic David Letterman fashion.............
Number 10-Texas Road Unis-The white on white is always a good look to me. Texas has cool colors and it doesn't hurt that they play well in them to. All except for that meltdown last season at Texas Tech where they gave that game away (still bitter).
Number 9-All of the new Oregon Ducks uniforms- I may be the ONLY person in America who thinks Oregon has cool uniforms. But this yellow and black look is TOUGH, and the black on black, green and silver, white and silver, and ESPECIALLY the all white unis are cool. Especially when you couple the new look uniforms with the new helmet designs. It is a good look. I guess this is what happens when the founder of NIKE is an alum of your school.
Number 8-Florida State "Unconquered"- Call me crazy, but I have ALWAYS loved the FSU all black uniform. I have NEVER like any of the other FSU logos, but this one, for some reason is pretty cool. Maybe it is cool to me because it is so different. Plus there is that history behind the symbols on the uniforms.
Number 7-Marquette Basketball - I'm a basketball guy, so obviously I watch it alot. Marquette has a white look, a yellow look, and a baby blue look that are sweet. I like it because it combines the throwback, historical look with a new baggy style.
Number 6-Auburn/Alabama Road Unis - At risk of not covering all bases and not being able to make a decision, I put both of these at no. 6. Classic unis that have never been altered much. Although, I give Auburn the edge in the helmet category (haha) they are both good looking, classic uniforms.
Number 5-Here is what may be the first surprise of this post, but Yale has some CLASSIC looking uniforms. I guess that is something that is constant with the Ivy League.
Number 4-The San Diego Chargers went with their OLD powder blue look and they are sweet. I am from the school of thought that you just about can't go wrong with powder blue in a uniform. To prove my point check out the Kansas City Royals baby blues.
Number 3-Number 3 is dedicated to the 2008 Army/Navy game. Both team's uniforms were great and nothing is better than that game. Guys not playing for BCS rank or anything, but just playing a game that they will be leaving to serve our country.
Number 2-Anyone who knows me, knows that my Jayhawks would have to be in here somewhere. They have changed uniform styles several times but have still managed to keep it looking like it always has, if that makes sense.
Number 1-It is hard to NOT choose these (joke), these, or these (joke). I have to say that the Oakland Raiders have the best, at least my favorite, uniforms in sports. I mean Black and Silver and the same logos and all from Stabler to Sapp to Russell.

No comments:
Post a Comment